1. MAQUIA: WHEN THE PROMISED FLOWER BLOOMS is a P.A. Works production that tells the story of Maquia, a girl who comes from a family that stops aging in adolescence. She lives peacefully until one day her home is invaded by the army, who capture her family members in the hopes of discovering the secret to their immortality. Her former life destroyed, Maquia escapes - only to find an abandoned baby in the woods. She begins to raise the baby, but how will their relationship evolve when he ages and she does not?
2. FLAVORS OF YOUTH takes on a slightly unusual topic for an anime. Rather than depicting life in Japan, it instead focuses on life in modern, urban China. It consists of a several vignettes on topics as diverse as the pleasure derived from a bowl of rice noodles to a fashion model's failing career. Each story is told with a nostalgic, atmospheric tone.
3. I WANT TO EAT YOUR PANCREAS When Haruki Shiga finds out that his seemingly carefree classmate Sakura Yamauchi is dying of an unnamed pancreatic illness, he begins trying to help her experience everything she wants to do before the final day. Through this process, he learns some powerful truths about himself, and the world.
4. PENGUIN HIGHWAY A colony of penguins suddenly appear in a small Japanese town. No one knows where they came from, but someone has to solve the mystery. A 4th grader named Aoyama makes it his mission to find out where the penguins came from, but ends up learning a lot more than he expected to in the process.
5. LIZ AND THE BLUE BIRD Naoko Yamada, the director of Sound! Euphonium, sets her sights on two characters who don't get a lot of focus time in the anime itself, Nozomi Kasaki and Mizore Yoroizuka. It's a simple, slow-paced story about the two girls' friendship and progress toward adulthood, which uses the titular fairy tale to get its point across.
6. MIRAI NO MIRAI tells the story of a four-year-old boy dealing with jealousy around his brand new baby sister, Mirai. One day, a mysterious group of people, including the teenage version of his sister Mirai, appear. What follows is a magical story of time travel, family history, and bonds between siblings.
7. HERE COMES MISS MODERN 2 continues the story of the first movie, which is based on a 1970's shojo anime. Benio is a headstrong "modern" young woman who wants the freedom to choose her own husband and have a career. When she ends up engaged to a soldier thanks to a promise their ancestors made, it takes her a while, but she eventually ends up falling for him. Sadly, he has to go to war, and he's supposedly killed, so Benio begins working as a journalist to support herself. But in the second film, he reappears with a mysterious Russian woman - what will happen next?